Wednesday 29 May 2013

Feijoa muffins and magic bean cake

I'm really lucky that my mum has a wonderful, productive (most years) feijoa tree, and she brought me a bucket full of them in the weekend.  As much as we LOVE feijoas around here, we just don't seem to be making much of a dent in this load.

So, along with needing to use up some homemade yoghurt, I thought I'd try and make some Feijoa Yoghurt Muffins, based on a banana yoghurt muffin recipe I've made before.

I may have gone slightly overboard on the feijoas resulting in a wetter mix, so added a bit more flour.  It took quite a while to cook but looks and smells successful!

Also another batch of "subway rolls" made today for the lunches:
 

I haven't been keeping up with posting about all the things we've made lately (we clearly eat far to much baking!! Haha) but wanted to pop in something about these:
This is "magic bean cake" made into muffins.  They are gluten free and made with red kidney beans, but you really wouldn't know!  The kids think it's a great treat to have chocolate cupcakes, and they have all disappeared.  They stayed lovely and moist for all 3 days they managed to last for.

No comments:

Post a Comment