Friday 17 May 2013

Gingerbread biscuits (with recipe)

Using my favourite gingerbread biscuit recipe to make a batch of biscuits today. 

Melt 115g butter, 170g brown sugar and 4 tblsp golden syrup together until just melted, but not too hot (using the Thermomix for this was great - set it to 37 degrees, so it wouldn't end up too hot for the next step)
Add 1 egg, lightly beaten, and mix together.
Add 340g flour, 2tsp ginger & 1tsp baking soda and knead until a ball of dough forms

The recipe suggests then chilling the dough before rolling and cutting into shapes, but I prefer to at this stage to roll them into logs and chill before cutting into rounds.  I use my Sushezi to make them nice and even - really handy when making Belgian biscuits or anything you want to make biscuits "sandwiches".

Of course, if the kids are wanting to cut shapes, all that goes out the window, but they are far to busy to help me today!  Playing nicely together which makes a welcome change to the usual antics.  They managed to find a few moments to come and "test" the dough though. ;)

Once chilled, cut and bake at 190degrees for about 8 mins (recipe suggested 10-15mins, but that is far too long in my oven)

And here's the finished product:
 
 

They seem to taste alright too - half a dozen demolished in the first 5 minutes (and not even by me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment